Become an empowered Jewish Leader, confident in your Torah and professional skills, and an active listener with an approachable, pastoral presence.
YCT’s JEWEL (Jewish Educators and Leadership Certificate) Program is a fully-funded one-year full-time program for observant men who are seriously considering a career in Jewish communal service.
Graduates will have direct access to job opportunities and professional connections through our extensive alumni network of rabbis and educators, including those who are in key leadership positions in schools, Jewish organizations, and synagogues.
- Intensive Morning Seder in Gemara and Halakha
- Afternoon classes in Torah and Modernity; Jewish Thought, Parsha, and Hassidut
- Leadership Training in Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Relational Engagement, and Community Organizing
- Pastoral Counseling training
- Mentored Internships and fieldwork to apply one’s learning and professional skills in real-world situations
- Personalized, directed study with major scholars, educators and leaders
- Professional development funds to be applied to outside leadership programs
Graduates of this program earn a Certificate in Jewish Education and Leadership.
Tuition is remitted and students receive a generous living stipend.
Graduates commit to devote at least one year following graduation to full-time Jewish communal work. Students have the option of committing to two years of Jewish communal service and to continue to participate in the program for a second-year.
Qualifying students can also apply to transition into the CORE semikha program, and have their year or two years count towards their semikha requirements.
We are still accepting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year!